January 20, 2018
This is a Cyber Threat Awareness Message that is being provided by the Defense Information Systems Agency about a threat posed for users of NetFLIX in order to inform them about a phishing effort and to avoid providing any personal information in response to an e-mail.
November 15, 2017
These are three corrected/updated 4th Branch materials that were created by the Insight Advocacy & Communications group for use based on materials that has been used in the past. They were recently provided to the 4th Branch Team with the recommendation that they be given widest dissemination. Edits have been made and the documents have been finalized and can be opened/read/printed out by clicking the individual items, below, or by opening in the Downloads.
November 10, 2017
COL Jeri Graham, North Carolina Council of Chapters Immediate Past President and MOAA Board Member is recognized as NC TarHeel of the Week as reported in the Raleigh News and Observer.
October 4, 2017
The below, downloadable press release is posted here to inform everyone of the newly adopted requirements for access to the Marine Corps Base, Camp LeJeune...everyone is encouraged to provide maximum distribution to persons in North Carolina regarding this change and the effect it may have on gaining access to the base.
* MOAA recently announced it's 5- and 4-Star winners in the annual Levels of Excellence award competition that recognizes top notch council and chapters for 2016. The very best councils and chapters receive five-star awards, and above-average councils and chapters receive four-star awards.
* Here are the North Carolina Council of Chapters 2016 winners:
- North Carolina Council of Chapters (CAPT Doug Ehrhardt accepting the NCCOC award from Lt Gen Atkins, below right.)
- Cape Fear (NC01) Chapter (Thumbnail #1, LTC Bob Garman accepting the Cape Fear award.)
- Sandhills (NC06) Chapter (Thumbnail #2, LTC Gary Marlar accepting the Sandhills award.)
- Triangle (NC09) Chapter (Thumbnail #3, CAPT Dean Block accepting the Triangle award.)
- Western Carolina (NC10) Chapter (Thumbnail #4, COL Spence Campbell accepting the Western Carolina award.)
- Catawba Valley (NC11) Chapter Thumbnail #5, COL Joe Cansler accepting the Catawba Valley award.)
- High Country (NC21) Chapter (Thumbnail #6, COL Ben Covington accepting the High Country award.)
- Charlotte-Metrolina (NC04) Chapter Thumbnail #7, Col Ron Morgan accepting the Charlotte-Metrolina award.)
- Southeastern NC Chapter Thumbnail #8, COL Jim Brumit accepting the SENCLand award.)
- New River (NC22) Chapter (CAPT Ehrhardt also accepted the New River award from Lt Gen Atkins.)
* Jeff Smith, Military and Veterans Affairs Director for UNC-TV wants members of our North Carolina Council and Chapters to know of the upcoming Ken Burns (pictured, right) Series on the Vietnam War.
* Jeff wants to make sure that all have the opportunity to view one of the upcoming screening opportunities across NC. These events include:
- Jacksonville DAV - 8/16
- Wilmington Battleship NC - 8/28
- Welcome - Richard Childress Racing - 9/6
- Southern Pines - Sandhills Comm. College - 9/7
- Asheville - 9/11 NC History Museum - Raleigh - 9/14
* For more information on this or any of UNCTV productions relating to Veterans Affairs, Jeff Smith can be reached at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via his cell at 919-815-2363.
- The Durham-Orange Chapter has an ongoing project of providing home-made cupcakes to the USO at RDU to celebrate the anniversary of each of the Services. The Coast Guard's birthday is August 4 so nine of our members met today to ice and decorate the 18 DOZEN cupcakes we had baked.
- Today's project was special for one of our members, whose father served in WW II in the Coast Guard. Today was our second time since we celebrated the birthday of the US Army in June.
- The chapters next project date is September 19 to celebrate the Air Force's birthday.