April 20, 2018
The following Council and Chapters in the North Carolina Council of Chapters were recognized for the awards shown that were announced after MOAA’s 2018 Storming the Hill.
5 Star Award for NC00 - NC Council Website
5 Star Award for NC00 - NC Council E-Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC01 - Cape Fear Website
5 Star Award for NC01 - Cape Fear E-Newsletter
4 Star Award for NC02 - Coastal Carolina Website
5 Star Award for NC07 - SENCLAND Website
5 Star Award for NC07 - SENCLAND Print Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC09 - Triangle Website
5 Star Award for NC09 - Triangle Print Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC11 - Catawba Valley Website
5 Star Award for NC11 - Catawba Valley Print Newsletter
5 Star Award for NC22 - New River E-Newsletter
Kudos to all!!
April 20, 2018
“I am very proud of the NC contingent that stormed the hill on Wednesday. We saw lots of important and busy people who are managing the business of our great country. I believe they heard our issues, understand the implications and are more likely to take action based on our discussion and materials we left behind. The respected MOAA reputation was enhanced! Our military and veterans should be better off because of our efforts. We were a great example of how we are advocates for NEVER STOP SERVING!”
BZ! Well Done! (See thumbnail photograph)
Shown in the pictures (Upper Right) Greg Chase, Parks Noyes and Jeri Graham and (Lower Right) Rollie Sampson, Scott Wadle and David Lee.
The attached file is the May 2019 Department's "On Point Newsletter"
The current e-newsletter from the MOAA UNIFORMED SERVICES NURSE ADVOCATES virtual chapter is available...click below.
May 19, 2018
* This annual event is sponsored by the New River Chapter of the North Carolina Council of Chapters, MOAA.
* Do you like “pickin’ and a grinnin’”? Supporting our troops and their families? Honoring local veterans? Oohing and Aahing over handmade patriotic quilts?
* You guessed it! The third annual Marathon Jam is just around the corner. Mark your calendars for May 19, noon to midnight in the Ashe County Arts Council building. Come for a while or stay for the duration. Bring your neighbors and friends (I assume they are one and the same!) and if you play an acoustic instrument, plan on sitting in for a spell. If you stay for the entire 12 hours, you will become an “Iron Picker”, a much revered title in the Marathon Jam world.
* Click here to open the New River Chapter’s MARATHON JAM poster...print it and post on your refrigerator and share it widely!.
* While pickin’ and grinnin’we will be raising awareness and money for military families by supporting the Fisher Houses at Camp Lejeune and Fort Bragg. As you know, Fisher Houses provide a temporary home, free of charge, for families of wounded service men and women so families can be with their loved ones during treatment, convalescence and rehabilitation.
* How is the money earned? Each musician reaches out to friends, family, neighbors and associates for sponsorship – just like a fun run. The only difference is that the musicians are strumming, not running. Admission for listeners is free of charge.”
* There are a few surprises in store for this year’s Jam. Plan on being part of the fun while further serving those who serve in our great military.
* One complaint that Veterans have voiced about the VA is their uncertainty as to where to begin in order to receive services and supports.
* VA’s myriad of services, resources, and materials can be daunting. Therefore, the VA listened and released a Welcome Kit to guide Veterans to the benefits and services that they have earned.
* The VA Welcome Kit is user-friendly and addresses eligibility and benefits in six areas:
- Health Care,
* Based on Veteran’s stage of life, Veterans can figure out how the VA can help in the present and future.
* Veterans can download a copy of the Welcome Kit for their convenience by clicking here.
* Greetings and Happy 2018! We've got great news to share... The 4th Branch has launched a new website and advocacy center in support of our efforts to eliminate the state income tax on government retirees’ hard-earned retirement benefits! If you're receiving this email, you're already part of the new advocacy center and have access to alerts, calls-to-action, petitions and more.
* We Need Your Help! To help us launch the new site and our online advocacy tool, we've launched a new petition (in advance of this year's legislative session) to gather names to show the strength of our cause. Please take just a moment to visit the action center at the website and click "Take Action" (or the arrow beside "1 Petition") to add your name and help us validate our membership.
* As always, being a part of the 4th Branch is free and open to ANYONE concerned about ending the taxation of military, federal, state and local government retirement benefits. Feel free to share this email or the website with any of your peers.
Powered by VoterVoice
CLICK HERE to visit the new site - and visit the Action Center to sign the petition today!