* There are seven (7) subcategories for posts that may be found on the North Carolina Council of Chapters website, to include: News / Events / Newsletters / Fund Raising Education / Legislative Issues / Veterans Affairs
* It should be noted that not all of the categories are present at all times...when a posting is found in one of these categories, a tab will be found as can be seen at the top of the page display.
* When all posts are displayed in the subcategory, left click on the tab at the top of the display to only see posts for that subject area, or scroll down through the posts to find one in which you are interested, then left left click the title of the post and it will appear in the display area.
* A post may contain several paragraphs and if any documents are included to provide additional information about the post, they can be found as a "Download". Left click on the word "Download," select the file and left click the title to open it on your computer.
An example of a document that can be opened using the download function, is shown below...the "Web Architecture Lesson Plan" was created in 2010 to educate anyone in the NCCOC on how to utilize the website.
* The North Carolina Council of Chapters 2019 5-Star and 4-Star winners, as published in 2020 on the MOAA's website that can be opened in the below, downloadable file include:
North Carolina Council of Chapters
Cape Fear Chapter
Coastal Carolina Chapter
High Country Chapter
Southeastern Carolina Chapter
Tarheel Central Chapter
Catawba Valley Chapter
Western North Carolina Chapter
* Kudos to all the winners!
Link: MOAA Website posting of 2019 LOE winners...
May 25, 2020
The High County Chapter's celebration of veterans on Memorial Day was affected by the limitation due to COVID-19, but a memorial event took place at the site of the Chapter's Memorial in Boone, NC.
BRAVO ZULU! High Country Chapter, Military Officers Association of America
HCC Recognition on MOAA FB page...
April 4, 2020
5-Stars (Thumbnail, right, upper)
North Carolina Council of Chapters (website)
Cape Fear Chapter (website and e-newsletter)
Eastern Carolina Chapter (print newsletter)
Charlotte-Metrolina Chapter (website and print newsletter)
Southeastern NC Chapter (website and print newsletter)
Catawba Valley Chapter (website and print newsletter)
New River Chapter (website and print newsletter)
4-Stars (Thumbnail, right. lower)
Tarheel Central Chapter (website and print newsletter)
Link: Open the MOAA post with the list of winners.
Posted August 8, 2020
* The below, downloadable file is a flyer detailing the NCCOC effort to storm the legislature in the time of COVID-19. Reaching out to our representatives is never more important than during the difficult time of the pandemic to ensure that a final bill is enacted to protect our benefits and keep military health care strong.
* Additionally, there are several links in the attached flyer that provide a number of options that are presented as hot links, to include: a Fact Sheet and Talking Points, take action by sending Senators e-mails on the topic, call by finding numbers for state and national officers or to check listed website for local offices, and send a report on the various issues to legislative representatives.
From Steve Wilkins, Deputy Director of Communication, Congressional Liaison,
Mid-Atlantic Health Care Network (VISN 6)
- Here is a link to the most recent edition of the VISN 6 newsletter.
- Included in this issue are news of a new clinic in the Raleigh, N.C. area, Clinical Hypnosis, VA readies for COVID-19 Vaccine distribution and an announcement by the Network Director.
- We hope that you’ll find the information edifying and worth sharing.