* There are seven (7) subcategories for posts that may be found on the North Carolina Council of Chapters website, to include: News / Events / Newsletters / Fund Raising Education / Legislative Issues / Veterans Affairs
* It should be noted that not all of the categories are present at all times...when a posting is found in one of these categories, a tab will be found as can be seen at the top of the page display.
* When all posts are displayed in the subcategory, left click on the tab at the top of the display to only see posts for that subject area, or scroll down through the posts to find one in which you are interested, then left left click the title of the post and it will appear in the display area.
* A post may contain several paragraphs and if any documents are included to provide additional information about the post, they can be found as a "Download". Left click on the word "Download," select the file and left click the title to open it on your computer.
An example of a document that can be opened using the download function, is shown below...the "Web Architecture Lesson Plan" was created in 2010 to educate anyone in the NCCOC on how to utilize the website.
* The North Carolina Council of Chapters 2019 5-Star and 4-Star winners, as published in 2020 on the MOAA's website that can be opened in the below, downloadable file include:
North Carolina Council of Chapters
Cape Fear Chapter
Coastal Carolina Chapter
High Country Chapter
Southeastern Carolina Chapter
Tarheel Central Chapter
Catawba Valley Chapter
Western North Carolina Chapter
* Kudos to all the winners!
Link: MOAA Website posting of 2019 LOE winners...
May 25, 2020
The High County Chapter's celebration of veterans on Memorial Day was affected by the limitation due to COVID-19, but a memorial event took place at the site of the Chapter's Memorial in Boone, NC.
BRAVO ZULU! High Country Chapter, Military Officers Association of America
HCC Recognition on MOAA FB page...
April 4, 2020
5-Stars (Thumbnail, right, upper)
North Carolina Council of Chapters (website)
Cape Fear Chapter (website and e-newsletter)
Eastern Carolina Chapter (print newsletter)
Charlotte-Metrolina Chapter (website and print newsletter)
Southeastern NC Chapter (website and print newsletter)
Catawba Valley Chapter (website and print newsletter)
New River Chapter (website and print newsletter)
4-Stars (Thumbnail, right. lower)
Tarheel Central Chapter (website and print newsletter)
Link: Open the MOAA post with the list of winners.
Posted August 8, 2020
* The below, downloadable file is a flyer detailing the NCCOC effort to storm the legislature in the time of COVID-19. Reaching out to our representatives is never more important than during the difficult time of the pandemic to ensure that a final bill is enacted to protect our benefits and keep military health care strong.
* Additionally, there are several links in the attached flyer that provide a number of options that are presented as hot links, to include: a Fact Sheet and Talking Points, take action by sending Senators e-mails on the topic, call by finding numbers for state and national officers or to check listed website for local offices, and send a report on the various issues to legislative representatives.
Ihor "Iggi" W. Husar is the North Carolina Council of Chapters 1st Vice President and lead for legislative efforts. David Lee, immediate past CoC President and Jeri Graham, whom all of you know, are on our legislative team. Iggi's goal is to stay in touch with everyone on a regular basis to share our MOAA legislative efforts at the federal and North Carolina state legislative level. Three chapters do not have legislative chairs appointed and for those chapters, he is reaching out to the Chapter Presidents. Using email, Iggi will share a summary of our current legislative efforts. In the meantime, he would like to know whether any are interested in receiving a legislative orientation at the NC legislature later this calendar year. Please confirm by sending an e-mail using the link to Iggi - above - and provide a Yes or No response. If yes, Iggi will send a follow up email to you proposing a range of dates for you to consider. If you have any legislative comments or issues you would like to share, please contact him using his name, linked above...as the Legislative Chair, Iggi looks forward to working with everyone in the Council of Chapters.