* The Triangle Chapter of the North Carolina Council of Chapters was the recipient of a 2019 recruitment award from MOAA in Category 4 with 32 new members having been signed up...
* Kudos to COL Herb Segal, USA, Ret., President and members of the Triangle Chapter for their efforts.
* Visit the Triangle Chapter on the web to learn more about the chapter, one of 15 in the North Carolina Council of Chapters.
* Check out the county by county link on our North Carolina Council of Chapters website to learn more about becoming a member of one of our award winning chapters.
May 4-5, 2019
* The North Carolina Veterans Songwriting Workshop will be held on the Outer Banks, NC on May 4-5, 2019. Ron Capps (shown below right), founder of the VWP, will lead the workshop along with guest musicians and educators.
* Open a flyer about the songwriting workshop here or click on the below, downloadable file...
* For information regarding "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" concerning the workshop click here or on the below, downloadable file.
Link: The workshop is free. Workshop registration is here...
March 19, 2019
* Enjoy pictures from the 4th Branch Lobby Day...shown at right (L to R) are Joann Harrington, Darryl Mills, Joan Long, Jeri Graham and Barry Coyles.
* Also attending from MOAA were David Lee and Ed Baisden.
* NOTE: When viewing thumbnails, use your mouse to left click on the (F)ast, (M)edium or (S)low controller found in the upper right corner of any image displayed...doing so will run a slide show of all the images at the rate of speed selected. Enjoy!
March 17, 2019
* Great opportunity to meet so many of our citizen soldiers. Not only did we talk about MOAA, NC Chapters, Voices for America's Troops but also chatted about House Bill 213. A grand experience and we're grateful to National MOAA for providing materials. We're delighted with the great support from the NCNGA.
* Pictured right (L to R): COL Ed Baisden, USA (Ret), COL Jeri Graham, USA (Ret), LTC Joann Harrington, USA (Ret) and CAPT David Lee, USN (Ret), President NCCOC.
* In the March edition of Military Officer magazine, on page 96, Osborne Piedmont Chapter member Claudia Hollis is featured; the wonderful lady who makes sleeping mats from plastic grocery bags is featured for her work!! Way to go Claudia!
* Are there other who want to contribute plastic grocery bags that are building up in your cabinet or closet? Contact the Osborne Piedmont Chapter on ways to donate...Claudia will put them to good use!
Click on the photograph to the right to enlarge and read the article or use the downloadable link below.
⇑ Click to close
(jpg 199.3 Kb
March 1, 2019
* The NC Division of Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing along with the Mecklenburg County Veterans Services are hosting a Listen, Lunch and Learn event at the Mecklenburg County Veterans Service Office in Charlotte, NC.
* Open and print the attached flyer for information and as a reminder to attend.