* Bruce Specher, Director of Public Affairs (VISN6) provides this copy of the Voices of VISN6, Volume 9, Issue 4 via their distribution list for including on our web site.
* Further, Bruce has offered to post in his newsletter any article/announcement from NCCOC chapters that has to do with Veterans...links to your Chapter newsletter or activities that are on your own Chapter webpage can also be advertised/posted.
* To partner with the VA in ways such as this can only be advantageous...a win/win so to speak.
* One complaint that Veterans have voiced about the VA is their uncertainty as to where to begin in order to receive services and supports.
* VA’s myriad of services, resources, and materials can be daunting. Therefore, the VA listened and released a Welcome Kit to guide Veterans to the benefits and services that they have earned.
* The VA Welcome Kit is user-friendly and addresses eligibility and benefits in six areas:
- Health Care,
* Based on Veteran’s stage of life, Veterans can figure out how the VA can help in the present and future.
* Veterans can download a copy of the Welcome Kit for their convenience by clicking here.