August 13, 2020
* The Military Officers Association of America has posted information for Councils and Chapters on the MOAA web that deals with participation in political activities, more specifically with guidance on a number of important topics, to include:
- Partisan Political Activities,
- Candidates for Public Office,
- Prohibited Activities,
- Consequences for Violations,
- Personal Opinions,
- Leadership Responsibilities, and
- Divisive Social Issues.
* Click on the underlined text (linked above) or open the below, downloadable file on election guidance.
Posted August 8, 2020
* The below, downloadable file is a flyer detailing the NCCOC effort to storm the legislature in the time of COVID-19. Reaching out to our representatives is never more important than during the difficult time of the pandemic to ensure that a final bill is enacted to protect our benefits and keep military health care strong.
* Additionally, there are several links in the attached flyer that provide a number of options that are presented as hot links, to include: a Fact Sheet and Talking Points, take action by sending Senators e-mails on the topic, call by finding numbers for state and national officers or to check listed website for local offices, and send a report on the various issues to legislative representatives.
Ihor "Iggi" W. Husar is the North Carolina Council of Chapters 1st Vice President and lead for legislative efforts. David Lee, immediate past CoC President and Jeri Graham, whom all of you know, are on our legislative team. Iggi's goal is to stay in touch with everyone on a regular basis to share our MOAA legislative efforts at the federal and North Carolina state legislative level. Three chapters do not have legislative chairs appointed and for those chapters, he is reaching out to the Chapter Presidents. Using email, Iggi will share a summary of our current legislative efforts. In the meantime, he would like to know whether any are interested in receiving a legislative orientation at the NC legislature later this calendar year. Please confirm by sending an e-mail using the link to Iggi - above - and provide a Yes or No response. If yes, Iggi will send a follow up email to you proposing a range of dates for you to consider. If you have any legislative comments or issues you would like to share, please contact him using his name, linked above...as the Legislative Chair, Iggi looks forward to working with everyone in the Council of Chapters.