August 3, 2022
The following is the list of the North Carolina Council of Chapters annual 5-Star affiliates:
* North Carolina Council of Chapters (NC00)
* Cape Fear Chapter (NC01)
* Catawba Valley Chapter (NC11)
* Coastal Carolina Chapter (NC02)
* Charlotte-Metrolina Chapter (NC04)
* High Country Chapter (NC21)
* Southeastern North Carolina Chapter (NC07)
* Tarheel Central Chapter (NC08)
* Triangle Chapter (NC09)
* Western North Carolina Chapter (NC10)
GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA SESSION 2021
ART XLII. FINANCE EXPAND INCOME TAX EXCLUSION OF MILITARY RETIREMENT PAY TO NOAA AND U.S. PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE RETIREES
SECTION 42.1.(a) G.S. 105-153.5(b)(5a) reads as rewritten: "(5a) The amount received during the taxable year from the United States government for the payments listed in this subdivision. Amounts deducted under this subdivision may not also be deducted under subdivision (5) of this subsection. The payments are:
a. Retirement pay for service in the Armed Forces uniformed services of the United States to a retired member that meets either of the following: criteria listed in this sub-subdivision. For purposes of this sub-subdivision, the term "uniformed services" has the same meaning as in 10 U.S.C. § 101(a)(5). The criteria are:
1. Served at least 20 years years in the uniformed services.
2. Medically retired under 10 U.S.C. Chapter 61. This deduction does not apply to severance pay received by a member person due to separation from the member's armed forces under 10 U.S.C. Chapter 61.
b. Payments of a Plan defined in 10 U.S.C. § 1447 to a beneficiary of a retired member eligible to deduct retirement pay under sub-subdivision a. of this subdivision."
SECTION 42.1.(b) This section is effective for taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2022.
June 7, 2022
The first reading of H1076, Disabled Veterans Property Tax Waiver, occurs on Tuesday June 7, 2022 at 2:00 PM Use the below link to open the NC website for details. If able, you or a representative from your organization is invited to attend, however if you are unable to attend, it is requested that you call or email the members of the committee along with your local elected NC Representative to add support to the reading of the bill.
Link: North Carolina General Assembly Website
COL Jeri Graham, USA (Ret.), received kudos in a Member Spotlight from MOAA as is seen on page 96 & 98 of the current edition of Military Magazine.
Check it out!
View a PDF copy of the article written by contributing editor, Blair Drake, in the below downloadable postings...