* The North Carolina Council of Chapters participated in the Legislative Day held in Raleigh on this date.
* Following set-up, events of the day included an opening ceremony in front of the Legislative Building, the many veterans and veterans groups honoring the colors, and a bagpiper playing "Amazing Grace and leading the procession into the building to "Storm" the legislators.
* Representatives of the veterans groups met with Senator Louis M. Pate to share the 2016 Legislative Goal and Associated Talking Points.
* A Vietnam War 50th Commemorative Ceremony was held at 9:00 AM to invite all eligible veterans from the conflict to be recognized with a commemorative lapel pin and certificate as part of the ceremony. A total of 49 serving veterans were honored.
* All veterans attending the legislative day met with Speaker Tom Moore in the House Chambers to hear his remarks and were then given a period for Q&A.
* In the afternoon, veterans were invited to attend the House and Senate sessions, beginning at 2:00 PM and hear the reading of resolutions sponsored by NelsonMullins and to receive recognition by the legislators.