January 16-17, 2015 (New Bern)
* The Coastal Carolina Chapter hosted the 1st Quarterly Meeting of the North Carolina Council of Chapters in New Bern on January 16-17, 2015.
* The Double Tree by Hilton in New Bern provided the lodging arrangements for the meeting and the Friday night dinner was held at the Chelsea Restaurant.
- The below downloadable files contain information concerning business discussed at the meeting.
November 7-8, 2014 (Raleigh)
* The 4th Quarterly Meeting of the Council was hosted by the Triangle Chapter in Raleigh, NC.
- Open the below downloadable files to review the President's Welcome Letter and other documents from the meeting.
- Pictures from the Friday night meeting can be seen by following the below link to the Photo Gallery.
Link: Click here to view pictures:
August 1-2, 2014 (Salisbury)
* The 3rd Quarterly Meeting of the Council was hosted by the Central Carolina Chapter in Salisbury, NC.
* The below downloadable files include the agenda for the meeting as well as various documents needed by the officers, BOD and Presidents to effect the business of the Council.
May 16-17, 2014 (Durham)
* This posting contains information used by the NC Council BOD and Chapter Presidents during the quarterly Council meeting that was held in Durham, NC.
* The below downloadable files include some from the 1st Quarterly Council meeting in Pinehurst, NC and the teaching documents that helped make the Council's Boot Camp as part of the 2nd Quarterly Council meeting in Durham a smashing success.
Link: Link here to enjoy pictures from the meeting:
January 17-18, 2014 (Pinehurst)
* The 1st quarterly meeting of the North Carolina Council of Chapters was hosted by the Sandhills Chapter, LTC Gary Marlar, President, at the historic Carolina Hotel in Pinehurst, NC on January 17 and 18, 2014.
* Open any of the below downloadable files to read/print documents or information that was discussed at the North Carolina Council of Chapters Board of Directors on Friday, January 17, or as part of the regular business meeting on Saturday, January 18.
Link: Click here to enjoy pictures of the event:
October 25 - 26, 2013 (Fort Fisher)
* The 4th Quarterly North Carolina Council of Chapters meeting was hosted by the SENCLand Chapter at Fort Fisher Air Force Recreation Center, Kure Beach, NC.
* The invited speaker for the Quarterly Council meeting was CAPT John Plehal, Director, Membership and Marketing, MOAA, who attended the meeting and installation ceremony due to a schedule conflict for COL Barry Wright.
* CAPT Plehal's PowerPoint presentation to the Council is contained in the below downloadable files...click on "NC Council Oct 2013" to open/read/print.
* As scheduled, CAPT Plehal officiated the ceremony to install COL Jeri Graham as the new North Carolina Council President, the completion of LTC Robert Garman's two year tenure as President, and the installation of two new Vice Presidents, CAPT David Lee and COL Harley Ellinger.
* Click on the below link to view pictures from the quarterly council meeting.
- On Friday evening, a Cook Out was held featuring a steak and chicken barbeque prepared by members of the Chapter at the Fort Fisher Beach House.
- On Saturday, October 26, an optional tour to Southport, NC was provided for spouses of Council members.
- Open any of the below downloadable files to read/print documents or information that was discussed at the North Carolina Council of Chapters Board of Directors on Friday, October 25, or as part of the regular business meeting on Saturday, October 26.
Link: Click here to enjoy pictures from the 4th Quarterly NC Council meeting:
August 9-10, 2013 (Jefferson)
* The 3rd Quarterly NC Council of Chapters meeting was co-Hosted by the New River and High Country Chapters, MOAA.
* The host location was the Jefferson Landing Resort and Golf Club in Jefferson, NC.
*A spouses program that was held on Saturday at 10:00 AM was a fashion event entitled "We've Got Your Look" by Dr. Libby (Libby Cockerham who has a store in Jefferson, NC.) Following the program, some of the spouses went on an auto tour of the town of West Jefferson to see the Ben Long Frescoes at the Episcopal church and many of the arts displays, as well as the "3 Cows" at the Ashe County Cheese Museum.
* The downloadable files, below, contain the information about the meeting, including the Friday evening program, reservation forms and information about the Saturday morning NC Council of Chapters meeting.
* The documents from the NC Council business meeting are also included.
* On Saturday, following the Council business meeting, a group of 10 also played golf on Jefferson Landing's award winning course.
Photographs from the meeting are posted in the Photo Gallery so be sure to open a link to the gallery and enjoy pictures from the event.
For other North Carolina Chapters interested in learning more about Generation eXcellent, the musical troupe which performed at the 3rd Quarterly meeting dinner, follow the below link to read about the group, their outstanding leaders - Jeff and Pam Miller - and their schedule of events.
Link: Click here to visit the Generation eXcellent webpage: