* This post contains the NC Council of Chapters (NCCOC) form used to report semi-annual activities by chapters. Chapter Presidents, or another designated chapter official are asked to complete the report(s) within 15 days following the end of the 2nd and 4th quarters, respectfully.
* First semester reports will be for the period January 1 - June 30 of a calendar year and should be dated June 30, 20XX. Second semester reports will be for the period July 1 - December 31 of a calendar year and should be dated December 31, 20XX.
* The Semi-Annual Chapter Report Form (F) is a fillable Word document; in completing the form, chapters are advised that the format functions like any Word document. Follow the instructions in the document header to complete the report.
* As an alternative to opening the downloadable file to start a report, a Chapter President or designated representative is encouraged to ALWAYS save a copy of the most current submission of the Chapter Report Form on the hard drive of their computer with a unique filename, e.g., "190101 - [Chapter name] Report Form."
* Updating the Chapter Report Form can then be accomplished by opening the last saved Word version for the Chapter and editing information, as needed.
* This file is intended to be used by Chapter Presidents. or a designated representative, to update a chapter's Officer Roster.
* Chapter Officer Rosters are posted on the Council website as PDF files for each of the NC Chapters. Officer Rosters serve to promote the names of the principal officers of a NCCOC chapter in order to inform visitors to each chapter on the council website about their leaders.
* The NCCOC Current Chapter Officer Roster Form is provided to assist in the creation of an INITIAL Chapter Officer Roster on the Council website by using a standardized format for all chapters.
* As an alternative to opening the downloadable file, a Chapter President or designated representative is encouraged to ALWAYS save a copy of the most current submission of the Officer Roster on the hard drive of their computer with a unique filename, e.g., "190101 - [Chapter name] Officer Roster."
* Updates to the Officer Roster can be made at any time by opening the last saved Word version for the Chapter and editing information, as needed. In the event no changes are made to a Officer Roster in a calendar year, at a minimum, the most current version should be sent to the NCCOC Secretary at the start of each new year.
- For information on completing the form, take a minute to read the "Instruction Sheet" for some "tips and tricks."
This is a document Gary Marlar provided at the 2nd quarterly North Carolina Council of Chapters meeting for use by Chapter officers.
The below downloadable files are the current version of the Council's bylaws dated January 9, 2016 and a 2019 version of the proposed revision to the bylaws.
* To use the NC Council expense form (in order to be reimbursed for a purchase or a service):
1. Open the expense form here: NC Council Expense Voucher (F), or click on the download link, below.
2. While the form is open on your computer, fill in the required fields;
3. Use your printer to print 2 copies – keep one and send the other via snail mail - along with receipts - to the NC Council Treasurer for payment; OR
4. After filling out the form, save it to your computer using a NEW file name as the form is write protected; then e-mail it to the NC Council Treasurer as an attachment. (You won’t need to print a 2nd copy - unless you want to - as you'll have the completed form resident to your own files on the computer. Enter "Expense Voucher" in the subject line of your e-mail which will then serve as alternative to a signature on the form).
Note: If you can SCAN the requested receipts, they can also be attached to your e-mail. Check the box that indicates the receipts and sales slips are included, or the box to indicate that the receipts will follow via snail mail to the Treasurer.
5. Viola! In the blink of an eye (or at the end of the next quarterly council meeting), the NC Council Treasurer will send you a check.
- As an alternative to the methodology above, when you have the form open on your computer, simply select PRINT to get a blank form...fill out by hand (penmanship counts!) and snail mail it, with receipts, to the Treasurer (name/address under the Council Officers link).
- In the "Total" block, simply cross out the $0.00 and enter your own calculated total (rounding up is discouraged!).
Email: COL Baisden
The North Carolina Council of Chapters (NCCOC) has established this Public Relations/Communication Policy and Procedures document for use by chapters. These policies and procedures will serve to define how our Council communicates, as well as how it is perceived by the various chapters and the public at large. It also serves as a guide for chapter activities and is a complement to the MOAA National's Chapter Public Relations/Communication Guide.
The North Carolina Council of Chapters (NCCOC) holds quarterly meetings each year at which time member chapters volunteer to host the event. Unless prior arrangements are made with the Council President, the host chapter will coordinate a dinner meeting on Friday evening with NCCOC members and spouses attending, and the NCCOC will conduct a business meeting on Saturday morning with host chapter members and spouses invited to participate.
* The attached downloadable file contains an updated letter from the 4th Branch regarding the efforts to achieve passage of legislation in North Carolina to extend Bailey to ALL eligible retirees.
* The other attached downloadable file is the tri-fold that discusses the economic analysis regarding the Bailey-Patton Settlement prepared for the 4th Branch which is essential to explaining the rationale for getting Bailey extended.
Please open/read/print the letter and the flyer and help ensure widest dissemination of both...
Click on the county by county map (right) to see the counties served by individual chapters within the North Carolina Council of Chapters (NCCOC).