The annual meeting of the Military Officers Association of America was held in Phoenix, AZ.
* The Veterans Memorial in Anthem, AZ is a short 31 miles north of Phoenix, AZ (see the accompanying map in the download, below).
* If participant's travel itinerary permits, a side excursion was recommended, e.g., a visit to the memorial on Veterans Day, November 11th, because at precisely 11:11 a.m., the sun’s rays pass through the ellipses of the five Armed Services pillars to form a perfect solar spotlight over a mosaic of The Great Seal of the United States.
* Designed by Anthem resident Renee Palmer-Jones, the memorial's five marble pillars represent the five branches of the United States military and is dedicated to honoring the service and sacrifice of the United States armed forces.
* Although MOAA Chairman of the Board GEN Tony Robertson, Jr., USAF, Ret, was greeted by Disney's "Official" Host (above right), the 2015 Annual Meeting was no "Mickey Mouse" event...the 2 & 1/2 days of meetings, the Community Heroes Awards Dinner on October 30 and the Levels of Excellence Awards Dinner on October 31st were truly inspirational!
* GEN Robertson also shared remarks at the annual business meeting (below right) thanking VADM Norb Ryan, USN, Ret. for his exceptional leadership over his past 13 years at the helm!
* Mouse over the thumbnail photographs to the right to see pictures of other meeting events and attendees.
- Community of Heroes Master of Ceremonies Lee Woodruff addresses the opening of the dinner.
- Lee Woodruff announces the recipient for the MOAA Military Family National Service Award Bonnie Carroll (shown center) with GEN Robertson, GEN Dennis Via, USA, U.S. Army Materiel Commander, one of the award sponsors and VADM Ryan.
- NCCOC attendees Marie Senzig, George Brudzinski, Maria and Juan Chavez.
- NCCOC President Jeri Graham, COL Mike Rogers and Ed Baisden.
- MOAA Director of Council and Chapter Affairs, COL Barry Wright and Cathy Ehrhardt.
- Past MOAA BOD member, Bruce Hamilton and his wife Cindy with Cathy Ehrhardt.
- George Brudzinski and Cathy Ehrhardt.
- More NCCOC members Maria Chavez, Doug Ehrhardt, Juan Chavez and Marie Senzig.
- One of three Canine Companions for Independence attending the event.
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel (upper left, foreground)
* The annual meeting of the Military Officers Association of America was held on October 27-28, 2014 at the Sheraton National Hotel in Arlington, VA.
* The annual "Levels of Excellence" Dinner was October 27, 2014 at which time the eight North Carolina Chapters received their 4- and 5-Star Streamers.
* The Annual Meeting of the Association was held on Tuesday, October 28, 2014.
* The "Community Heroes" Dinner, always a memorable evening where select individual and groups are recognized by MOAA for their outstanding support to military members, veterans and their families was held on October 28th.
Follow the below link to open/view photographs from the annual meeting.
* The MOAA President's Symposium for invited Council and Chapter Officers was held in Jacksonville, FL on September 4-6, 2014.
* The below, downloadable file has the schedule of events, hotel and airport ground transportation and a spouse's tour information for the event.
The list of North Carolina Council and Chapters representatives confirmed for travel to the President's Symposium is included in the below, downloadable file, "140904 - NCCOC Representatives..."