* The 1st quarterly meeting of the North Carolina Council of Chapters was held at VFW Headquarters on February 15, 2020.
* The meeting commenced at 1000 and adjourned at approximately 1430.
* As part of the 1st Quarterly Meeting, Immediate Past President David Lee made a formal presentation of the newly elected North Carolina Council of Chapters officers and held a swearing in ceremony. Shown in the photograph (lower right) are from L to R are COL Iggi Husar (1st VP), COL Jim Brumit (President), Lt Col Ed Brown (2nd VP) and CAPT Mike Covell (Treasurer).
- CAPT Ehrhardt's presentation regarding website information and accessibility made at the meeting can be opened here.
- A 2010 document entitled. "Primer" that was created to assist Chapters in learning about the website architecture and ways to access, understand and effectively utilize the site can be opened bere.
* The 2019 North Carolina Council of Chapters was held at Cherry Point MCAS on November 15-16, 2019.
* At the biennial statewide convention there was a transition of leadership from Chapter President CAPT David Lee to 1st VP COL Jim Brumit. The names of the slate of officers who will support COL Brumit as the new Council President, the Board of Directors and Chapter Presidents in 2020 - 2021 were introduced at the Saturday, November 16th meeting. The names included:
O 1st Vice President - COL Iggi Husar, USA-Ret.
O 2nd Vice President - Lt Col Ed Brown, USAF-Ret.
O Secretary - COL Jeri Graham, USA-Ret.
O Treasurer - CAPT Mike Covell, USN-Ret.
O Surviving Spouse Liaison - Ms. Sandi Adams
* The 3rd Quarterly meeting of the Council of Chapters held at the: Searstone Clubhouse, 17001 Searstone Dr, in Cary, NC was a test case for a meeting format for the Council and was for one day only from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM with a break for lunch provided by the Council.
* Searstone is a continuing care retirement community for those aged 62 and older that opened in 2013. It is beautifully appointed with friendly staff and spacious clubhouse. A few of our MOAA members are residents.
* Thanks to Jeri Graham and Ed Baisden for organizing the meeting with Searstone.
* The Western Carolina Chapter, (NC-10), CAPT Mike Covell, President hosted the 2nd Quarter North Carolina Council of Chapters meeting at the Mountain Lodge and Conference Center, Flat Rock, NC.
* The President's welcome letter for the 2nd Quarterly meeting and reservation information for hotel accommodations were posted in the below, downloadable files.
* The Sandhills Chapter (NC-06), Jeffrey Beran, President, welcomed Council members to join the chapter in Pinehurst, NC on January 18-19, 2019.
* The President's welcome letter (January plans) had all the information needed to make your stay a comfortable one in Pinehurst, NC.
* Posted in the below, downloadable files were documents needed for all NCCOC regular meeting attendees...please open/read and print a copy as needed for the meeting on January 20, 2019.
* SPECIAL NOTE: CAPT David Lee sent this e-mail to all Council leaders in preparation for the upcoming regular meeting on Saturday, January 19th. Please take FORAC! You can see the meeting agenda that David referred to in his message here. Also, pay attention to your Chapter's Committee Module as the submission of same is an important part of LOE scoring by MOAA later in the year. Committee Modules MUST be updated by March 1st.