* The 1st Quarter Meeting of the North Carolina Council of Chapters was held at the Historic Carolina Hotel in Pinehurst, NC; it was hosted by the Sandhills Chapter, LTC Gary Marlar, President. Pictured (l to r) in front of a carriage in the Carolina Hotel are Doug and Cathy Ehrhardt, New River Chapter and Maria and Juan Chavez, Cape Fear Chapter.
* The Friday evening dinner was honored to have MGEN Cornell Wilson as a guest; on Saturday, General Wilson gave a great briefing on his work as NC Military Advisor to the Governor and his work with the Military Affairs Commission.
* Mouse over the thumbnail photographs to the right to see many of the Council and Chapter attendees enjoying the evening's festivities.
* NOTE: When viewing thumbnails, use your mouse to left click on the (F)ast, (M)edium or (S)low controller found in the upper right corner of any image displayed...doing so will run a slide show of all the images at the rate of speed selected. Enjoy!
- COL Pete Dotto, Sandhills Membership Chair, was the guest speaker at the dinner and provided a riveting discussion regarding MOAA chapter membership and generation X'ers and Y'ers...
- Sue Colmer and Sandhills 1st Vice President John Boesch and his wife.
- James Jackson enjoys a pre-dinner drink with Melinda and John Stewart, SENCLand Chapter President.
- Maria and Juan Chavez, Cape Fear President are seen between Sue and Bruce Harris, Durham-Orange Chapter 1st Vice President.
- Barbara Dunn along with Phyllis and Joe Cansler, Catawba Valley President.
- Past President Bob Garman and wife Nancy share the hour with Bill and Dee Culler.
- Gary and Carol Aljets with Polly Flippo, Sandhills newly appointed newsletter editor and David Lee, Central Carolina Chapter President.
- Joe Long and Joe Cansler are seen with some other dinner attendees from the Sandhills Chapter.
- Tarheel Central Chapter President Hank Wade and his wife Gaye join with Susan Beam.
- Bob Garman and High Country Chapter President George Brudzinski, join Mike Rogers, MOAA National BOD member before dinner.
- Gloria and Les Petty dine with another Sandhills chapter member.